ISDC® 2020 Student Travel
IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFORMATION:
STUDENTS UNDER THE AGE OF 21 MAY NOT TRAVEL ALONE
There are some laws and policies in the United States that you need to be aware of:
Airlines in the United States do not allow minors to travel without an adult unless they are notified in advance and arrange an escort. Please check with your airline for age limitation policies.
Hotels in the United States do not allow persons under the age of 21 to check into a hotel without an adult to check them in. Please check with your hotel for their policies.
Alcohol– According to Texas state law, persons under the age of 21 are prohibited from buying or possessing alcoholic beverages.
Requirements for International Attendees:
A valid passport. Your passport must be valid for at least subsequent months after your travel. You can check the expiration date on your passport’s first few pages.
An invitation letter is required before applying for a visa. You can request an Invitation Letter for Participants in the Space Settlement Contest or a Standard Invitation Letter.
When Applying for the Visa you will need the following documents:
- A valid invitation letter from the NSS
- Current as well as old passports
- Photographs (Read the visa photo requirements at here)
- Copy of the confirmation page of online submission of the DS-160 with the CEAC bar code
- Visa fee receipt (fee must be paid via banking prior to making the appointment)
- Original interview appointment letter
Visa Interview Information:
Interview officer will primarily want to check that you are a legitimate applicant who meets all the criteria for US visitor visa including a valid identity, no criminal background, and have a valid reason to request a visitor visa.
- You must show evidence that you have sufficient funds to support your trip to USA.
- You may want to show evidence that you have strong ties back to home country, which will indicate to the officer that you have a reason to come back to your home country after your US trip is completed.
- Any additional documents that can support the above can be useful to carry with you when you go for the visitor visa interview.
- Evidence that shows the purpose of the trip, intent to depart the United States after the trip, and arrangements made to cover the costs of the trip may be provided.
Additional Travel Information:
For general travel related information for ISDC®2020, please see our travel page.